7.11.2005

There are few things I love quite as much as when I know the definition of the word of the day. It makes me feel so smart!
I have a brood. Of 24 15-18 year olds that I need to keep out of trouble. For the next four weeks. As I read them out the rules and regulations and they roll their eyes I keep thinking about what Michael would say about how these rules are so “adultist” and I know if I was them I would be like “we cant walk ourselves to class? We need your supervision? Fuck that!” But then I think “no god damnit, I don’t care. None of my kiddies are gonna break the rules on my watch! I am NOT going to be the cool ra” so anyway. I have inner turmoil.
And trying to get them to class is like herding chickens.
There’s this one girl, Claire, who’s totally too cool for the program , who’s American but from London and when we explained to her that we take their ids every night she was like (upper crust British accent) “so, that’s so we cahn’t sneak out? Right?”
It should be cool though. Tonight we are seeing a documentary at the film forum and tomorrow we are going to ave Q and on Thursday light in the piazza.
And yesterday as we were moving kids into the dorms I saw nick on the street. Granted, I called him to see where he was but he was only a block away. Very weird.
Miss MT. I am gonna try to come back in august.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lark(e) said...

5-11 University Place Room 423
New York, Ny 10003

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home